Dr Michael Oyoo Weche Publications
Publications in Journals:
1. Folkloric Cues and Taste Bias in African Vegetable Foods. In Journal of East African Studies. Vol.2 No. 60-73 March, 2008( co-authored)
Presentation of Papers at Academic and Professional Conferences
1. Inter- Ethnic Nationalism in Francis Imbuga’s play , The Return of Mgofu. Conference paper presented at The 2nd Eastern Africa conference on literature and Cultural Studies. Makerere University, August 20-22 , 2015
2. Reconstructing a People’s History Using Folklore: Examples from Africa. Paper Presented at the Conference on East African Oral Literature. Kisumu: November 22 – 25 2005.
3. Modern African Literature: Search for a Productive Definition. Paper Presented at the English Departmental Seminar, CUEA, March 29, 2006.
1.Understanding Bertolt Brecht’s play The Caucasian Chalk Circle. Longhorn publishers: Nairobi. 2014
2. Star KCSE English Revision ( co-authored). Longhorn publishers: Nairobi. 2014
3. Study Guide to When the Sun goes Down. Longhorn publishers.2012
4. Gateway English Revision. Longhorn publishers. 2008. (co-authored)
5. Critical Guide to Henrik Ibsen’s An Enemy of the People. Longhorn publishers. 2007
6. Merchant of Venice: A Guide. Longhorn Publishers. 2006.
7. Half a Day and Other Stories: A Study Guide. Longhorn Publishers. 2006.
8. Notes on John Ruganda’s play Shreds of Tenderness. East African Educational Publishers. 2005.
9. Notes on John Ruganda’s Black Mamba. East African Educational Publishers. 2005.
Book chapters published
1. Reconstructing a people’s History using Folklore: Examples from Africa. In Indangasi et. al. 2006. Our Landscapes Our Narratives: proceedings of the conference on East African Oral Literature. Nairobi. KOLA